Technical Regulations of the Customs Union “Safety of High Pressure Equipment” (TR CU 032/2013)
On July 2, 2013 the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission adopted Technical Regulations “Safety of High Pressure Equipment” – TR CU 032/2013. The document came into force on February 1, 2014. If you need to certify products under this regulation, please contact EasyGOST EAC Service.
Vessels, pipelines, valves, safety devices and other products operating under high pressure are in most cases used at hazardous industrial production facilities. By confirming their compliance with the requirements of TR CU 032/2013 regulation, you will be allowed to use your equipment in hazardous environments, to start equipment deliveries and to avoid any problems, particularly, during inspections carried out by supervision authorities.
Scope of the Regulation
TR CU 032/2013 covers:
- vessels for gases, vapors and liquids under high pressure;
- hot-water and steam boilers;
- pipelines and their elements;
- pressure chambers;
- indication devices;
- safety valves and devices.
The main criterion for determining whether the equipment is subject to certification or declaration in accordance with the requirements of this Regulation is equipment category.
According to TR CU 032/2013 Technical Regulations, the equipment is divided into four categories.
Less hazardous equipment is classified in the 1st category, the most hazardous one – in the 4th category.
- Equipment of 1st and 2nd categories must undergo confirmation of compliance with TR CU 032/2013 requirements by declaration
- Equipment of 1st and 2nd categories must undergo such confirmation by means of certification.
It does not take much to determine the equipment category according to TR CU 032/2013:
- operating fluid for which the equipment is intended to use
- equipment Volume/capacity or diameter (DN)
- maximum allowable operating pressure (or design pressure, if operating pressure is undefined)
- in some cases – operating temperature
If you know what medium the equipment is designed for, then you can determine to which fluid group this medium belongs.
If the operating medium can be different, so you need to choose the most dangerous one. According to TR CU 032/2013 Technical Regulations, the operating fluids are divided into two groups:
- Fluid Group 1: working media consisting of flammable, oxidizing, combustible, explosive, toxic and very toxic gases, liquids and vapors in a single-phase state, and mixtures thereof.
- Fluid Group 2: all other media, except for media belonging to Group 1.
Knowing the necessary parameters, you can define the category of your equipment in accordance with Annex 1 to TR CU 032/2013.
Using our category calculator, you can very quickly find out how the conformity of your equipment must be verified – in the form of declaration or certification:
Safety devices and safety valves are always referred to the 4th category, except for safety devices that can be classified within the same category as the equipment in which they are to be integrated.
Equipment categories according to TR 032/2013 (1, 2, 3, 4) correspond to the categories of equipment according to European Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 2014/68 / EU (I, II, III, IV).
Equipment that belongs to the category “Sound Engineering Practice” – “category 0” – according to European Directive PED 2014/68 / EU, is not subject to declaration or certification under TR CU 032/2013.
The scope of TR CU 032/2013 Technical Regulation excludes:
- trunk pipelines, infield and local distribution pipelines designed to transport gas, oil and other products, with the exception of equipment used in pressure control stations or compressor stations;
- gas distribution and gas consumption networks;
- equipment specially designed for use in nuclear power industry;
- equipment working with radioactive medium;
- vessels operating under pressure created by explosion inside of them in accordance with the process or by burning in the mode of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis;
- equipment specially designed for use in marine and river vessels and other floating equipment and underwater facilities;
- brake equipment of rolling stock of railway transport, motor transport and other means of transportation;
- vessels specially designed for use on airplanes and other aircraft;
- defense equipment;
- parts of machines that are not independent vessels (pump or turbine housings, cylinders of steam, hydraulic, internal combustion engines, air machines and compressors);
- medical single-section pressure chambers;
- equipment with aerosol dispensers;
- shells of high-voltage electrical equipment (switchgears, distribution mechanisms, transformers and rotating electrical machines);
- shells and casings of elements of electric power transmission systems (power supply cable products and communication cables) operating under excessive pressure;
- equipment made of non-metallic flexible (elastic) sheath;
- exhaust or suction silencers;
- Containers or siphons for carbonated beverages.
Content of Regulation
TR CU 032/2013 contains:
- rules of market circulation of pressure devices;
- requirements to safety of such equipment;
- rules for preparation of technical documentation for pressure devices (technical passport, operating instruction, safety justification)
- requirements to marking procedure;
- compliance confirmation procedure – declaration and certification;
Primarily, the experts of EasyGOST EAC Service will determine which procedure is necessary to confirm equipment compliance with the requirements of TR CU 032/2013:
- for equipment of the 1st or 2nd category declaration procedure is required;
- for equipment of the 3rd or 4th category certification procedure is required.
If necessary, we can involve experts of leading test labs, specialized in pressure equipment as well as:
- select the appropriate certification scheme from those provided by the Regulations;
- if necessary, perform the required tests or verify the pressure test carried out by you;
- prepare the required technical documentation (technical passports, operating instruction and safety justification)
Positive decision on product compliance with the requirements of TR CU 032/2013 is a warranty of certified device safety and absence of claims on the part of the supervisory authorities (the state control under this Regulation is performed by RosTekhNadzor – the Federal Service for Environmental, Technological and Nuclear Supervision). The requirements of the supervisory authorities are very high.
As a confirmation of the safety of your products and their compliance with the requirements of TR CU 032/2013 you will receive a certificate, which will make it possible to enter the market and to start the deliveries and sales.
We feel responsible for our work. This gives our customers confidence and prevents future problems – especially during scheduled inspections.