Technical Regulations of the Customs Union “On Safety of Equipment Operating on Gaseous Fuel” (TR CU 016/2011)
On December 9, 2011 the Customs Union Committee adopted Technical Regulations “Safety of Equipment Operating on Gaseous Fuel” – TR CU 016/2011. The document came into force on February 15, 2013. EasyGOST EAC Service offers certification of products under this document with optimal efforts.
The gas used as fuel is a source of increased danger. The design of gas operating equipment shall eliminate any risk of ignition or explosion. This is especially important, because many devices – for example, gas stoves – are used by non-specialists who were not professionally trained in working with gaseous fuels. By certifying equipment according to TR CU 016/2011 regulations, you will confirm its safety, get access to the EAEU market and exclude claims of inspection authorities.
Scope of Regulation
TR CU 016/2011 covers:
- Gas stoves, ovens, braziers, boilers, guns and other equipment used for cooking, hot water supply and space heating;
- Automatic gas-fired burners and units in which they are used;
- Built-in and autonomous devices, included in the above equipment, in particular, pressure regulators;
- Other equipment, the complete list of which is given in Appendix 1 to the Regulations.
The legislative body excluded the following equipment from the TR CU 016/2011 scope:
- Steam boilers with steam pressure over 0.07 MPa and water boilers with water temperature over 115 ° C;
- Equipment intended for use in processes at industrial enterprises, except for gas consuming equipment included in the List, given in Appendix 1 to the Regulations;
- Equipment that uses gas as motor fuel.
Content of Regulation
TR CU 016/2011 includes:
- Rules of market circulation of devices operating on gaseous fuel;
- Requirements to safety of such devices;
- Procedure for confirmation of equipment compliance (declaration and certification);
- Mandatory requirements to the operating documentation;
- Marking procedure;
Specialists of EasyGOST EAC Service will promptly determine whether your equipment is covered by TR CU 016/2011 technical regulations or not.
TR CU 016/2011 provides declaration, confirming compliance of devices operating on gaseous fuel. Upon applicant’s request, this procedure can be replaced with certification. If necessary, we can involve experts of leading test laboratories, specialized in gaseous equipment as well as:
- select the appropriate certification scheme from those provided by the Regulations;
- if necessary, perform the required laboratory tests;
- prepare the required documentation (technical passports and safety justification);
- examine product conformity with the TR CU 016/2011 regulations.
Positive decision on product conformance with the requirements of TR CU 016/2011 is a warranty of certified device safety and absence of claims on the part of the supervisory authorities.
As a result of the positive certification process you will receive a certificate confirming safety of your gas equipment and its compliance with the requirements of TR CU 016/2011. It will make it possible to enter the market and to start the deliveries and sales.
We feel responsible for our work. This gives our customers confidence and prevents future problems – especially during scheduled inspections.