Technical Regulations of the Customs Union “Electromagnetic Compatibility of Technical Devices” (TR CU 020/2011)
Technical Regulations of the Customs Union “Electromagnetic Compatibility of Technical Devices” – TR CU 020/2011 came into effect on February 15, 2013. EasyGOST EAC Service offers certification of products according to TR CU 004 with relatively few efforts.
Many electrical appliances generate electromagnetic interference, which can disrupt functioning of other devices. Moreover, they also may be sensitive to such interference. Prior to deliveries or sales it is necessary to confirm the electromagnetic compatibility according to the norms of TR CU 020/2011 regulation.
Scope of Regulation
TR CU 020/2011 applies to technical devices that generate electromagnetic interference and / or are subject to such interference from outside. They form several groups:
- Electrical devices and appliances for domestic use:
- for food preparation and storage and mechanization of kitchen work
- for processing (washing, ironing, drying, cleaning) of linen, clothes and shoes;
- for cleaning premises;
- sanitary and hygienic;
- for maintaining and adjustment of microclimate in premises;
- for hair, nails and skin care;
- for body heating;
- game, sports and fitness equipment;
- audio and video equipment, television and radio receivers;
- sewing and knitting;
- power supplies, chargers, voltage regulators;
- for horticulture;
- electric pumps;
- lighting equipment;
- automatic switches with electronic control;
- electronic safety shut-off devices;
- arc welding equipment.
- Personal computers (PC).
- Technical means connected to personal computers:
- uninterruptible power supplies;
- active acoustic systems with AC power;
- multimedia projectors.
- Electrified tools (manual and portable electric machines).
- Electrical musical instruments.
The legislative body excluded the following equipment from the Regulation scope:
- equipment used by manufacturers of other technical devices as their component parts and not intended for independent use;
- equipment passive with respect to electromagnetic compatibility;
- equipment not included in the Unified List of Products for which mandatory requirements are established within the framework of the Customs Union, approved by the Customs Union Committee.
The list of excluded products:
- electric accumulators and batteries;
- household electric heaters without automatic switches;
- loudspeakers and headphones without amplifying circuits;
- cords, cables, wires, cable assemblies;
- incandescent lamps;
- induction motors;
- passive television and radio antennas;
- some other devices
Content of Regulation
TR CU 020/2011 Technical Regulation includes:
- Rules of market circulation of technical devices generating electromagnetic interference and/or are subject to such interference;
- Requirements to electromagnetic compatibility;
- Marking procedure;
- Mandatory requirements to the operating documentation;
- Procedure for confirmation of equipment compliance with the Regulations – declaration and certification.
Specialists of EasyGOST EAC Service will determine whether your equipment is covered by TR CU 020/2011 technical regulations or not.
If the product requires certification, we will select the appropriate certification scheme from those provided by the Regulations.
Positive decision on product compliance with the requirements of TR CU 020/2011 is a warranty of certified device safety and absence of claims on the part of the supervisory authorities.
As a confirmation of the safety of your products and compliance with the requirements of TR CU 020/2011 you will receive a certificate, which will make it possible to enter the market and to start the deliveries and sales.
We feel responsible for our work. This gives our customers confidence and prevents future problems – especially during scheduled inspections.