Operating Manual is one of the most important technical documents containing all necessary data for correct and safe operation of the equipment, evaluation of its technical condition and disposal of the equipment and its components.
Operating Manual may be prepared for several types, series, or models of the equipment, if they are similar in terms of design, and it is possible to include general data and instructions in the same user manual.
As a rule, Operating Manual consists of the following sections:
- general description and operation;
- intended use;
- current repair;
Separate parts, sections and subsections can be combined depending on the complexity and features of the product an operation instruction is issued for. Special requirements may also be described in special manuals included as individual parts of operating documents or annexes to them.
Operation Manual Preparation Requirements
Certain requirements to Operating manual are contained in the Technical Regulations of the Customs Union (TR CU 010/2011, TR CU 016/2011, TR CU 032/2013 etc.), industrial safety rules and equipment standards.
For instance, according to TR CU 010/2011, operation manual must contain the following information:
- specified storage time
- specified operating service time and (or) assigned resource
- critical failure listing
- equipment limit state criteria
Taking into consideration the abovementioned issues, user manual preparation should be performed by technical experts being aware of the last changes in the normative base of EAEU.
Machine and (or) Equipment Operating Manual according to TR CU 010/2011 includes:
- name and location of manufacturer (person authorized by manufacturer), importer, and their contact data;
- name and (or) designation (type, model, marking);
- month and year of production (MM/YYYY);
- information about construction, mode of operation, characteristics;
- instructions for installation and erection, maintenance or adjustment, technical service and repair;
- service manual and security arrangements to be observed during operation:
- intended use,
- type and frequency of maintenance and inspections,
- all types of repair,
- information about components subject to wear and their replacement criteria;
- routine troubleshooting,
- storage conditions;
- specified parameters
- specified storage time
- specified service time and (or) assigned resource.
Upon expiration of the specified criteria, machine/equipment is removed from service and subject to repair, disposal, check up and establishment of new criteria;
- measures for prevention from unintended use of machine/equipment after achievement of specified resource or service lifetime;
- critical failure listing, possible staff mistakes leading to incident or breakdown;
- actions of personnel in case of incident, critical failure or breakdown;
- limit state criteria;
- instructions for using the respective fixtures providing for stability of equipment and protecting it from tipping, falling or unexpected movement;
- instructions for removal from service;
- recommendations for safe disposal of machine and (or) equipment;
- Information about maintenance personnel qualification.
If machine and (or) equipment is intended for operation by non-professional users, user manual (operation instruction) should be prepared taking into consideration knowledge, skills and experience of such users.
Machine and (or) Equipment Operating Manual according to TR CU 032/2013 Requirements
In addition to TR CU 010/2011 requirements, Operating manual in accordance with TR CU 032/2013 requirements includes the following information:
- Marking place
If the data specified in clause 29 of TR CU 032/2013 (marking) is impossible to apply directly on equipment, it can be identified only in the attached user manual:
- name and (or) designation of equipment type, marking, model of equipment;
- safety critical parameters and characteristics;
- name of material the equipment (elements) is made of;
- manufacturer trade mark (if any);
- factory number;
- Production date (DD/MM/YYYY).
- Eurasian Conformity mark (EAC, Ex), a single mark of product circulation at the market of the Customs Union member state, is indicated/specified in attached operating documents.
User/Operating manual is prepared in Russian and in the languages of EAEU member states, if needed.
User manual is made in hard copy, however a package of operating documents on computer media can also be attached. At manufacturer’s discretion, only a soft copy of user manual may be attached to industrial equipment package.
The service list of EasyGOST EAC includes the preparation of User/Operating Manuals for various types of equipment. If you require an Operating Manual, please contact our company, which has extensive experience in this field.